The car seat is quite versatile. In the car, it will safeguard your infant and baby. When you’re heading out of the car, you can carry the car seat to take the baby with you wherever you go.
It is not that easy to carry a car seat. If you’re carrying the car seat for a few minutes, there is no issue. However, if you want to carry it for a longer duration, you need to know the right way to carry a car seat.
Have you ever thought, how to carry a car seat?
Today, I will share with you the right way to do so. Once you go through the procedure below, you will not have to worry about hand pain, back pain, or any other problem due to carrying the car seat.
How to carry a car seat?
I will highlight a couple of methods to carry a car seat below.
1. Firstly, you have to kneel close to the car seat or squat near it.
2. Once you get into this position, you have to put your arm around the handle. Your Palm should be facing downwards.
3. Using this position, you have to grip the handle.
4. Once you grip the handle after that, you have to get up. Following this method to hold the car seat and lift it ensures that the weight distribution is even. When the weight distribution is even, you will not have to worry about pain in the back, as well as cramps.
Once you pick up the car seat, it is time to carry it the right way using this method. Only once you do so can you carry it around for a more extended period.
There are a few tips which you can follow to carry it around as well. I will highlight these below.
1. While carrying a car seat, you have to avoid swinging it. The more you swing it, the more pressure will be on your hands. You have to keep it as steady as possible. Doing so will also keep your infant completely safe.
2. While carrying the car seat, you have to ensure that it does not bump into any object or pole or anything else. This will keep your baby safe and ensure that there is no excessive pressure on your shoulder as well.
3. While carrying the car seat, you shouldn’t loosen your grip. Only, in that case, can you distribute the weight evenly and hold it over a longer distance.
4. You have to ensure that the baby is strapped correctly in the car seat. If the baby is not in a proper place, the weight distribution will not be even. The center of gravity will change. In that case, sooner than later, you will experience excessive pressure on your shoulder and back. If the baby is appropriately strapped, you will not have to worry about this pain.
5. If you plan to carry the car seat for more than 15 minutes to 20 minutes, you have to change your hand. Changing your hand mitigates excessive pressure on a single body side.
Once you follow these 5 tips to carry the car seat, you won’t have to worry about back pain or any other pain from carrying a car seat.
If this method is not conducive for you for some reason, I will share with you an alternative method as well.
If you do not want to bend or squat down to pick up the car seat, I will highlight the alterate method below.
Stand in front of the car seat. You have to, after that, pick it up with both arms. When you do so, you have to ensure that the car seat is closer to your waist. Only then there will be no excessive strain on your back.
It is another method which you can use to pick up the car seat.
Now that you are aware of both the methods to carry a car seat the right way, it is time to look at few tips you need to follow before picking up the car seat.
Tips to follow before you pick up a car seat:
You should act on these tips before you pick up the car seat.
1. Use/Add straps:
If there are fixtures for adding straps or belts to the car seat, you should do so. It will ensure that you can carry the car seat like a backpack. Consequently, not only will carrying it be easier, but the distribution of weight will be evenly distributed as well. In that case, you won’t have to worry about body pain.
2. Follow the manual:
If, for some reason, you’re not sure how to carry the car seat with the help of the 2 methods above, you can follow the manufacturer’s manual as well.
The manual will highlight the exact procedure which you can use to pick up the car seat. In that case, you can find another 3rd method to carry the car seat correctly as well.
3. Take it slow:
Whichever method you are using to pick up the car seat, it is essential to take it slow. If you pick up the car seat in a jerky fashion, there are 2 disadvantages.
Firstly, your baby will not be comfortable. The baby can bang against the walls of the car seat. While they might consist of proper cushioning but it is always a risky idea to do so.
On the other hand, when you’re moving it up in a jerky fashion, the pressure on your hand and shoulder will be high. It can result in muscle strain as well.
That is why, irrespective of which method you choose from my list above, it is necessary to take it slow. When you pick it up in a slow fashion, you will get a proper grip and not worry about pain.
These are the 3 tips that you need to follow before you pick up the car seat. Doing so will ensure that you can pick it up in the correct way.
So, carrying the car seat in any way is not a good idea. Using my guide above, you can easily pick it up in the correct way. Now, you can take your baby with you wherever you go without having to worry about back pain, any strain, or shoulder pain.